ABOUT THE PENTECOST
The Pentecost is an independent and veritable source of christian news.
The Pentecost promises to be the nation’s biggest and the most credible source of news and information about Christians, churches, christian leaders, missions, ministries,businesses, schools and other christian institutions in Nigeria, Africa and the world regardless of denomination.
Published by Favour & Grace Communications Ltd, The Pentecost seeks to promote unity in the body of Christ.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible is the authoritative and infallible word of God.
- We believe in the existence of one God, the creator of the universe . We affirm His existence in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We confess that Jesus Christ is the living Son of God who came in our human form, shed His blood to redeem us from sin and guilt though he was sinless. We believe in His death, resurrection and ascension to heaven where He is seated at the right hand of God the Father.
- We affirm that God the Son , Jesus Christ will soon return to earth to take the elect and judge the world.
- We believe strongly in the ministry of the Holy Spirit as currently witnessed.We believe the world will soon witness His awesome power in a manner never experienced by generations.
- We believe in the unity of the body of Jesus Christ.
- We owe no denomination, ministry, institution or government any allegiance. Our allegiance is to the Lord Jesus Christ.
KAYODE OLAWUYI (MANAGING DIRECTOR & EDITOR – IN – CHIEF)
He has a noble career in journalism spanning about two and a half decades.
He has worked in highly reputable national Newspapers , including THE PUNCH where he became the Editor of its flagship SATURDAY PUNCH and SUNDAY PUNCH. He worked as a member of the Editorial Board of THE HERALD between 1992 and 1995.
He became the News Editor of A.M NEWS newspaper during the despotic regime of Gen.Sanni Abacha and was later moved to the Insight (investigation) desk of THE NEWS magazine.
In June 1996, he moved to THE PUNCH as deputy News editor of the Saturday title. He later became the Editor of the SATURDAY PUNCH from January 1, 2002 till October 13, 2006 when he was moved to SUNDAY PUNCH as its Editor.
He had a rare privilege of editing the two titles for some times simultaneously. Olawuyi holds a Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree specialising in Public Finance and Budgeting, from University of Ilorin , Nigeria.
He has participated in international conferences and training overseas including World Editor and Marketer conference, Madrid, Spain organized by the World Association of Newspapers and Publishers (WAN) and Young readers conference in Helsinki, Finland organized by the same body.
He is a member of the World Editors Forum, Nigeria Guild of Editors (NGE) and Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ). He is happily married and blessed with four children.
Please go to our Contact us section